Happy New Year!
Last fall, I talked about drawing in pen and watercolor. It was a fun session, but not as much as the one we had in the November/December session. We were planning on studying acrylic. A student requested that we do holiday cards. So I took up the challenge.
To be honest, I hadn't touched my acrylic paints for months, so I was a little rusty. It was difficult to rev up in the beginning, but once I started going, I had an immensely wonderful time. I think the students did too. So much so, they requested we do the same this year during the holiday season.
Here's a glimpse at some of the cards we produced:This was done in an Impressionism style. Once you get the idea of dabs going in different directions, the painting gets easier.
We meet every Tuesday or Wednesday for five weeks from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Fee is $90.00 for the five-week session.
- Week One: Introduction to the fountain pen.
- Week Two: Techniques using the technical pen (Micron).
- Week Three: Creating perspective without a ruler.
- Week Four: How to draw continuously (without lifting your pen).
- Week Five: Having fun with monochromatic drawing/painting.
Topics or sequence subject to change.
All levels of experience welcomed
Come learn in a fun, safe and encouraging environment.