For the past five weeks, our online class has been playing with pen and ink with watercolor. It's been fun because the subject has been Nature Sketching. I can never get enough of working on nature. There's a connect to the universe and the Gods when trying to relate what I experience. I love the concentration it takes and the true "seeing" of an object. Besides the subjects are all so perfect!
We've also been working on a Nature Sketching Journal. That includes the subject matter, prose, poetry or whatever you like. I'm especially into Washi tape, so you'll see a lot of decorating in my book as page dividers, borders and/or simple visual statements. (Click on photos for enlargement)
Here are few examples:
- Week One: Bulb flowers/Graphite pencil
- Week Two: Skies/Watercolor with ink
- Week Three: Rocks and pebbles/Colored pencil
- Week Four: Sea creatures/Oil pastels
- Week Five: Landscapes/Watercolor