Wednesday, December 14, 2022

 

M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S

Happy Holidays




Free Christmas card video
Hello from my studio. In the spirit of the season, I'd like to share a short
video on creating Christmas cards using Bee Company 6 x 9 watercolor paper. These are pre-cut for only around $26 and have 50 sheets--plenty for making cards or just practicing. In the video I'll show you how to make simple Christmas trees that are quick and easy. Go to this link to view.

A look back at 2022
I hope you had a good year in 2022 and more importantly, I wish you all the best in 2023. As a review for the year, I'd like to list what we covered with links. If you missed an article, just click on the link to see it again.

It's been a good year, art-wise, not so much health-wise. I've had some challenges, which has brought me to the decision to stop taking students on Sketch'n-on-the-Go™ outings. I was hoping we could take a sketching trip to the Lake District in England next fall, but that's not going to happen. 

On the more positive side, we completed our animals series a couple of weeks ago via Zoom and I think everyone had fun. The biggest challenge for us was drawing foxes and the best fun was our lions in charcoal. See below:


Upcoming classes and workshops
Next year's classes will start on January 3rd and 4th. We will be exploring pen and ink with watercolor wash. Our subject will be nature sketching with the following topics:

  • Mushrooms
  • Insects
  • Sea creatures
  • Flowers
  • Trees

Classes are from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I teach the same subject on both days and they are still only $90 per five-week session. If you're interested, please let me know by email: jjgoodell@gmail.com

By the way, I am still teaching at PCC online. This fall we're going to cover Basic Drawing, January 14; Nature Journaling, February 4; Oil Pastels, March 4. Registration fills up quickly, so go check it out today. 

Hope you have a wonderful holiday this year.  Thanks for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment